PBIS @ Home
What can parents do to support PBIS and the Mustang Way?
- Ask your child or children about their day.
- Talk about making good choices and showing the Mustang Way at home and at school.
- Sign Mustang tickets. Ask students how they earned them, and celebrate the success with them. (Please return them to school.)
- Read books/articles that discuss behavior or have lessons that teach them about character building.
- Communicate often with your child's teacher on behavior. Ask how you can help and share what works at home.
- Look out for newsletters and school information regarding PBIS and the Mustang Way.
- If your child makes a behavior mistake and gets an Office Data Referral (ODR), review the matrix expectations together and discuss and how to practice them.
- Complete reflection assignments together if needed.